Listen to your doggy.
We are often asked how long it takes for a dog to learn how to use the Doggy Bathroom. The answer: A new dog who is accustom to using pee pads will typically successfully make use of the Doggy Bathroom within a day or two. Adapting a dog who has never used a pee pad can be somewhat challenging, although not impossible...just needs a little extra love and patience. Our pee pads also have a special scent built into them to attract our furry friends to use them.
1. Position base in the desired location.
2. Gently place the Doggy Bathroom inside the base.
3. Snap appropriate rails into place.
4. Line bottom with one pee pad. If you are using Doggy Bathroom pee pads, you don't need to peel back the adhesive strip.
5. For leg lifters: remove paper from the adhesive strip and affix one pee pad onto each rail.
6. Place the mat in front of the opening.
7. Et, voilà!
• Familiarize your dog with their new ensuite by placing them inside the Doggy Bathroom periodically throughout the day. Caution: lots of sniffing may occur!
• Praise & reward your dog when they successfully do their business in the Doggy Bathroom.
• If your dog accidentally eliminates somewhere other than in their bathroom, quickly place them inside and offer some words of encouragement. Never punish your dog for missing the target.
• To increase your chances of regular visits to the Doggy Bathroom, make sure to reward your pet when they use it correctly. A little incentive never hurts!
• If your dog is used to pee pads in open areas, gradually move your dog's pee pad closer to the Doggy Bathroom and eventually work their way inside so they become more familiar with it.
• Replace pee pads as needed.
• Machine wash welcome mats as needed.
• Place your Doggy Bathroom in an area that your dog will remember. If you travel with it, show your fur baby where you’ve put it so they know where to go when they need it.
• Caution: Tails will wag!
Do less for more
Register online to receive your monthly subscription of custom fitted pee pads delivered right to your doggy door. Using just your fingertips, subscribe and replace pee pads in just seconds. Easy to use, easier to love.
Daily exercise is a critical part of your doggy's overall health and wellbeing. Your doggy will still need to remain active and have access to lots of play time and exercise. While the Doggy Bathroom is a great solution for indoor potty usage, it should not be used as a replacement for daily walks.